The Perfect Ice-cream Dessert Recipe is the perfect frozen dessert with fudge, caramel and salty pretzels!
PREP Time:30 min
TOTAL TIME:07 hrs 15 min
- 2 cups (about 16) finely crushed shortbread cookies
- 1/4 cup cashews, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 half-gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup land o lakes
- 2 (5-ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pretzel sticks, coarsely crushed
- 1/2 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1 (12-ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping, warmed
combine all crust ingredients in bowl; mix well. press onto bottom of ungreased 13×9-inch baking pan. freeze 10 minutes.
spread ice cream over crust. cover; freeze 1-2 hours or until set.
meanwhile, combine all fudge layer ingredients except vanilla in 2-quart saucepan.
cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 7-9 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil. reduce heat to medium-low.
cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. remove from heat; stir in vanilla. cool completely.
pour cooled fudge layer mixture over frozen ice cream. freeze 4 hours or overnight until set.
combine pretzel sticks and cashews in bowl; set aside.
let dessert stand at room temperature 10-15 minutes before serving.
cut into servings; top each serving with about 1 tablespoon pretzel mixture. drizzle each with about 1 tablespoon caramel topping.
to soften ice cream, scoop large pieces of ice cream onto 15x10x1-inch baking pan. place in refrigerator 10-15 minutes or until softened.
to crush pretzels, put into resealable plastic food bag; crush with rolling pin.
(1 serving) 490calories 27fat (g)70cholesterol (mg)350sodium (mg)59carbohydrates (g)2dietary fiber|6protein (g)